Some Memes to Lighten the Mood

Hello all! This week instead of getting into anything too heavy, I thought I’d get creative and make a memes for your enjoyment. Those of you who are Middle Eastern Studies majors, who applied to fellowships, or who are in a similar point in their career search will understand especially well. I’ll let the crying lady, successful kid, and grumpy cat do the talking.

Edward Said, who’s monumental work identifying and unpacking the concept of Orientalism, hugely important to Middle Eastern Studies among other disciplines, comes up again and again in essentially every class I take. You can’t get away from Said, and by sophomore year it had become a joke between my Middle Eastern Studies friends.

Anyone who used the Fulbright Embark Online Application has to understand grumpy cat’s frustration.

And anyone who’s ever had a resume understands how darn time consuming it is to get them formatted perfectly.

That’s all for now folks. I hope my memes made you smile! I’d love to see any of your memes related to the job/internship hunt or anything else. If you’ve never made one before, try it–it takes all of 30 seconds. Have a great week.

5 thoughts on “Some Memes to Lighten the Mood

1. I want to to thank you for this good read!! I definitely loved every bit of it. I’ve got you book marked to check out new things you post…

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *