Don’t Know What To Do With Your Life? Get Some Coffee First

Remember those distant years when dinosaurs were roaming the earth and you were writing college essays and were about to make one of the biggest decisions about where to spend the next four years of your life? Well…maybe the timing doesn’t quite check out, but applying to schools while still being in high school does sound quite archaic.

I will never forget applying to schools and having to articulate what I wanted to study or what I am academically interested in, because when coming to college I was interested in everything. It was a bit overwhelming when I would have to choose what I wanted to do with my life, because pretty much everything sounded interesting. I learned to accept the fact that not knowing what to pursue in this precise moment was okay and that having a lot of interests was a good problem to have…but that took quite a while to happen. So after going through that fun and slightly terrifying process, what do I recommend someone to do in the same shoes? Well its obvious isn’t it? Drink some coffee.

apparently-i-have-had-too-much-coffee

No explanation needed here, meow!

Now I mean this in both a literal and metaphorical way. So yes, if you so desire go to the Motley and feast your eyes on the best coffee shop menu of all time (not like I’m biased or anything) then just sit down on one of the comfy sofas and enjoy your life.

But I also mean going to the coffee shop, looking at the menu, and weighing your options in a metaphorical way. (If you forgot that I love metaphors, well now you know 😉 But think about it, you walk into the Motley and one of the first things your eyes are looking at is all the possible drink combinations. Drinks can come with various pumps of flavoring, or they can be blended, smoothies, hot, spiced, you name it! All of these drink options are a lot like your various options of study. And the best solution to dealing with this dilemma? Spend all your flex and try all the drinks with various combinations, toppings, pumps, and special flavors. Wohooo!

When presented with the fortunate option of having many academic paths in front of you, you might as well try all of them that interest you! Don’t be afraid to dip your foot in the waters of unknown academic adventures, it might just be your new favorite subject. So try that random class that you think sounds cool, get the mocha you’ve been craving all day, and trust that your willingness to try new things will work out!

Enjoy your caffeinated journey to academic happiness folks!

Isabella

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *