Let’s Go Fly

When I think of my future, a lot of question marks seems to visualize out of thin air. Let’s just say there is still a lot to be figured out. Now when I think of how I could react, there are two ever so near and dear options:

1. Freak out
  2. Stay calm

The funny thing is I often go back and forth in between these two options. However I do *try* to embody the latter. How do you do this miraculous thing called ‘calmness’ you might ask?

Well a lot of it has to do with having faith that a certain recipe of moving parts will collide, leaving me okay in the end (whatever okay even means).  Hard work, perseverance, aptitude, and the right attitude leave quite a bit of room for beautiful and serendipitous things to happen.

Martin Luther King Jr. once said

“Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.”

No matter what situation you apply these excellent words to, I think there are many lessons to be learned from this quote. In regards to the very daunting and unknown future and what we like to call ‘the real world,’ there are often situations that present themselves and you have to jump and then soar. You may not know where this will take you, often times you have no clue where it will take you, but isn’t that the adventure of living in the moment? It’s mysterious, it’s scary, and its marvelous all at the same time.

Taking that literal leap of faith, not knowing where you are going to land and just winging it (flying pun intended) will take you on the ride of your life and maybe it won’t take you anywhere special, but it’s all apart of the journey. We might as well enjoy it!

n4365

Mary Poppins knows how to fly!

So let’s go flying, what do you say? Will you join me?

Hope so,

Isabella