Landing the Internship!

After months of sending out application after application, I finally heard back.  And not only did I hear back, I managed to land the internship!  It was very discouraging for a while not knowing where I was going to be for the summer.  I sent out so many applications without hearing back at all and did many informational interviews.  It did feel useless at times but I never would have gotten to this point unless I had reached out so many people.  Because you never know where you are going to find that opportunity.  I found my opportunities through Scripps Alumna for which I am eternally grateful.

Toy Story GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Unusually, I’ve landed not only one, but two internships.  It’s not unheard of in the entertainment business, and after all both of these internships were marketed as part time so I am not missing out on anything at either.  Like I said, I got both through Scripps Alumna connections.  Throughout this process, the Scripps community has truly been the most valuable resource.  I have had the privilege to speak with inspirational movers and shakers in entertainment.  It is humbling to know that they all got their start where I am now.  I have found that alums are happy to help Scripps students when you show them that you are interested and motivated.  I know that I will come out of this summer with lots of experience and a really good idea of if this is what I want to do with my career or not.

But this only begins my search anew.  I have to relocate to LA for the summer and am now trying to find housing in LA for the summer.  This will be a whole new learning experience that I can’t wait to come out the other end of.

Finding Nemo GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Keep going! You never know where (and when) the perfect opportunity for you will strike!  It’s nice to know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I want to assure you that it is never too late to find that perfect internship/job.  So keep your head up and keep going strong because you’ve got this!