Bring It On!

Life can be messy. Especially during midterms and the stress of college life. Fortunately, I am able to call myself a very organized and productive person, so my mess didn’t amount to too much. While I came into college very well prepared, there are still a few tricks that I’ve learned from my first year here so far.

First, I always make sure to get things done pretty quickly after they’re assigned. If I am assigned a paper on Monday that is due on Friday, I will start working on it that day. While I won’t necessarily sit down and write it all at once, it is easier to space it out and get it done. I also then don’t have to stress about it on the day that it is due.

Also, I’ve gotten very good at scheduling out my time. I give myself an hour to do something and tell myself to finish it within that period, and I usually will. You have to set aside all distractions and use time to focus yourself. That way you won’t have any wasted time!

It is also important to prioritize what you are going to spend time on. While there may have been a few Core readings that didn’t happen (oops…), it’s because my writing paper was due the next day and was much more important to finish. And that’s ok! As long as you make an effort to learn what you missed, and catch up on the information later, it’s best to get done what you need to.

Surprisingly, I have not yet been overly distracted by Netflix. Though it’s hard to refrain from watching the millions of hours of TV and movies, use it sparingly to provide yourself with a well-earned break. And definitely make sure that you take breaks and give yourself some time to breathe.

I have also found my little corner in the butt of Clark that keeps me focused on my work and where I won’t be distracted. It’s good to have a place that signifies work and motivates you!

As with college, all of these skills are applicable to many other aspects of life. Overall, I try to accept life with open arms instead of running after it trying to catch up. While each person has their own ideas that work for them, it’s definitely better to be on top than to suffer from being run over by life.

photo

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *