Fullbridge Program: A Day off Work and More

This post will highlight the last four days before the concluding day with the Fullbridge Program. Spoiler alert: There will be lots of fun pictures in this post.

1/12/14 On Sunday, everyone was glad to receive a full day off from work. But it wasn’t all fun and games. We also had to pack for our move from the dorms to the alumni house, as students were returning from their winter break and moving back into the dorms. As for fun, some people went out to visit the Griffith Observatory as well as LACMA and other popular tourist attractions. As for myself, I explored the neighborhood with a friend of mine and went hiking for a few hours.

IMG_20140112_134559_903-1

discovered this awesome art design while exploring the area

1/13/14 Monday’s work day started at 9:30 A.M. instead of 9 A.M. due to our moving schedule. Those who had brought their cars made room for everyone’s luggage, making several trips back and forth. Lunch was also pushed back to 1:30 P.M., which made me glad I had brought snacks to munch on throughout the day. In addition to moving house, we also split up our teams and worked with new people, with a focus on buyer-seller interaction skills. But Jennifer and I remained roommates after the move.

IMG_20140105_203328

chilling with my roommate, Jennifer, in our dorm at Oxy

1/14/14 Tuesday had us working on presentations yet again, with another encounter with the Starbucks company. We worked in our usual teams of five. Later on, we updated our resumes and gave each other feedback on them. Although somewhat tedious, I appreciated the chance to look over my resume again, as I had not touched it since my first year at Scripps. Today, I’m proud to announce I have about 10 different resumes tailored for a variety of fields.

IMG_20140113_163925-1-1

coincidentally wore shades of red and maroon on the same day= perfect photo opp

1/15/14 Wednesday marks one of my favorite days because we all got to know each other better through the career and values exercise. In fact, I wish we had started out with this project on one of the earlier days. Divided into new teams, we explored a number of career and lifestyle options. At the end, I felt satisfied to learn that the exercise verified my need for independence and freedom, whatever career path I pursued in the future.

IMG_20140111_193421_835

hanging out in downtown LA and getting to know new people

1/16/14 A guest speaker from Cairo, Egypt came to visit us on Thursday to offer words of advice based on her own business experiences. Emira spoke about her experience as Muslim woman from the Middle East, and her travels throughout Africa, South Africa, United States, and the UK. The advice that resounded most strongly with me was her reminder that we should not expect “the perfect job” straight out of undergrad.

Here’s a preview of our last day at the Fullbridge Program– and the last post on on the subject by yours truly.

IMG_20140117_135231_219

taking silly pictures with the team 😛