What Time Is It? ft. Chad Danforth

SPOILER ALERT: It’s summer time

don’t click that link, you know already know what it is.

Also, just to clarify, as much as I love Chad Danforth, Troy Bolton will always be my number #1 (or rather my #14)

hsmblog

so this is me and Troy Bolton basically twinning. if you can’t tell that my jersey number is 14, that might because I didn’t have a lot of middle school volleyball pics to choose from (for braces reasons mostly) enjoy that sweet 6th grade awkwardness fam

But we’re not talking about Troy because he had a pretty sweet constant influx of opportunities which is definitely not as relatable as Chad, and whatever problem he has that made this a thing:

homeboy must wear 3 watches for a reason, right?

So here’s the deal, I might have some stuff lined up for this summer. MIGHT. Which is weird, because normally, when people are like, “I’m not gonna have an internship, or a job, or a sense of purpose, or a chance at happiness”

I’m like

andimgonnaberighttherewithyou

but weirdly I may or may not be taking intro animation classes at my local Community College, and/or interning at this architecture and design firm back home.

And while I’m really excited about both of these opportunities, both are still a little up in the air, and interfere with my ideal summer plans which include sleeping in and chilling with my besties

sleepingin

the boys are back

this really was an amazing trilogy

But more importantly, if I want this internship (which I do) I have to do all that applying for an internship stuff. (>>>)                                foriegnterritory

So because I literally wandered into my only real world job, my resume is literally a series of questionable design choices designed to hide the fact that I had zero work experience.

I’m not going to include it because it’s even more embarrassing than that volleyball photo, so here’s a .gif that reflects pretty much exactly how i felt while making it. (vvv)

awkwardlyholdingflowers

that wilted bouquet represents my meager list of accomplishments

So this time I went to the professionals, by which I mean CP&R.

So it’s probably time to admit that, for a CP&R blogger, I don’t actually utilize their resources as much as I should, but they have drop-in hours from 10-4 on weekdays and I had zero ideas on resume writing so I figured it was probably time.

First of all, those magazine looking things by the door have sample resumes inside them which means if you feel really self-conscious about how bad/non-existent your resume is YOU DON’T EVEN HAVE TO TALK TO A PERSONastonished

But you probably should, i just found it useful to get started before having someone else look at it.

The super helpful/friendly people at CP&R can give you helpful tips like where to put numbers or how to use nifty action verbs to make your resume stand out (vvv)

making your resume stand out

So basically, the point of this Chad Danforth themed post is that you have a team to help you with summer things!

WHAT TEAM?   CP.. no, that’s actually sacrilegious, it’s the Wildcats, it’s always the Wildcats

And, when you have a team that has your back, there’s a lot of stuff you can do, like trying something really new!

like, reeeaaaaaaaaallly new

like, reeeaaaaaaaaallly new

Unfortunately, there’s one other thing I feel I should mention, and I really hate to end this post on a sour note, but this is important.

You can have all the support in the world, and all the experience a person could ask for. You could fill out all the petitions that Kelly has to offer, and still, I’m pretty sure, that despite all this effort and all the hope in the world, you still can’t major in vacation.

you filthy filthy liar

you filthy filthy liar