End of Undergrad To-Do List

As the semester wraps up, including my four years at Scripps College, I’m creating (another) list for myself: How to use all of Scripps’ wonderful resources while I’m still on campus.

First, In order to learn more about Positive Psychology, I’m setting up a meeting to talk to someone in the department at Claremont Graduate University about my options as an English major. Many times, people go in a different direction after Do I have to take preliminary psychology course to apply for a Masters in Psychology? What courses are preferred? What sorts of career opportunities are there for people who take a Masters in Positive Psychology rather than Psychology? When researching graduate schools, I realized there was a program right in my own back yard that specializes in what I want to pursue!

Second, I’m going to use the Life Connections portal to reach out to any Scripps alum living and working in London. I plan on being there next year, and am interested to know how they found positions in London and/or their process in going to graduate school abroad.

Third, gather recommendation letters. This one is a no-brainer, but now that I know where I am applying, I now know where I should have my professors direct their letters.

Fourth, make an appointment with CP&R now that I know where I’ll be next year! When planning a gap-year abroad, you can use all of the help you can get. I recently purchased two books: Volunteer Vacations: Short-Term Adventures That Will Benefit You and Others, and Lonely Planet: The Gap Year Book.

Fifth, enjoy the time I have with my friends, Scripps’ beauuuutiful campus, and take in all of the senior events this week! Champagne Brunch, here we come!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *