Why I Blog

Hello Everyone! A side note, writing this blog post from the Venice airport right now, I just spent a wonderful three days in the water filled city.  Would highly recommend visiting if you have the chance.  Anyway, on to the blog post.

I first got involved with CP&R by going on a Networking Trek and by participating in the Emerging Professionals Program.  After that I wanted to continue to be involved in the CP&R family so I applied to be a blogger.

I decided to apply for the Beyond the Elms Blogger Position because It gives me the chance think about my own career journey.  I don’t believe that we personally reflect on our experiences enough.  There’s so much you can learn if only you take the time to think about where you have been as well as where you would like to go.  The blogger position has given me the chance to reflect on my personal career journey and goals.

I also love sharing and providing career advice to my peers.  Its honestly one of my favorite things to hear about others career paths.  Each one is a story, with twists and turns, and it is a story that is still unfolding.  Anything I can do to help people on their journey, whether it is talking one on one or giving advice on the blog, is exciting to me.

Blogging is also a great way to get involved with the CP&R family.  It is truly a family!  Everyone involved with the office is amazing and so supportive.  If you’re ever thinking about applying for a blogger position, DO IT.  It is a fantastic way to do something meaningful, develop your writing skills, and get involved with a wonderful group of people.