The GTL in my life.

Growing up in sunny Miami made it difficult to adjust to the Claremont weather.  For some this weather is delightful, but for someone who is accustomed to 80-degree weather year round, Claremont weather is not my cup of tea.  Now, however, the weather in Claremont is perfect: expected highs in the low 80s, 0% chance of precipitation, and gorgeous, clear skies.

Three weeks ago, a friend from home asked, “What are you doing the next couple of weeks before school ends?”  My response was “get on that GTL.”  Perplexed, she replied, “Since when are you from Jersey?”  To which I laughed and explained the GTL in my life.

GTL was actually my acronym for Grades, Tan, and LSAT, and definitely not the Jersey Shore kind.  Although, I did have a lot of laundry to do.

Grades are not everything in my life, but they are and will continue to be a substantial part of my life for the next few years.  I see grades and dedication as a simple logical reasoning question on the LSAT*:

If Carol works hard and studies hard, then Carol will not get bad grades.

If Carol does not get bad grades, then Carol may get into a decent law school.

Thus, using the transitive property, I can combine the two conditional statements:

If Carol works hard and studies hard, then Carol may get into a decent law school.

*Wow, I have managed to turn my life into conditional statements found in the logical reasoning section of the LSAT.

While I am fully aware that there are other factors that will determine my law school acceptance, my main focus right now is working on the so-called “hard” factors.  As I talked about in a previous post, law school admissions officers take into account “hard” and “soft” factors.

Now, if I am going to spend so much time on schoolwork and LSAT, then I might as well multi-task and do it during something I enjoy, like tanning.  Now that the sun has come out and it is finally nice enough to wear flip-flops, I’m trying to take advantage of it.  My new study preference is laying by the pool with my LSAT book or my politics readings.  The tranquil splish splash of the water helps me focus on what is important.  I can be just as productive in the sun as I am on the fourth floor of the Honnold/Mudd library.  The only difference is that I’m multi-tasking and getting my much needed Vitamin D.

Last but not least, LSAT.  Now that I am approaching the exam with a positive attitude, the exam is getting much more bearable.  With my negative attitude, I was unknowingly setting myself up for failure.  I may not be able to give LSAT all my time, but I am making the effort and sacrificing my down time for it.  Fantasy baseball comes around every year, but I only have this summer to take the exam.  If anyone has any questions about the exam, feel free to contact me or if you are stumped on a logic game, I will be more than happy to work it through with you.