What I’ve been up to

Looking back at my blog entries thus far, I realized that I’ve been all talk, but haven’t shared any of my work!  So I decided to give a little taste of what I’ve been up to:

I put together a halftime package (with a lot of help!) for the big CMS-PP basketball game.  I wrote and shot a standup in the beginning, interviewed two players, then used Final Cut Pro (honestly, I spent more time watching/learning than actually editing) to put the piece together.  Here it is!

CMS Basketball Interview

Here I am before a Lakers game pretending to do a standup.  Yep, that’s Andrew Bynum warming up behind me!

Through networking I got to visit ESPN’s studio at LA Live and watch them shoot their nightly segment of Sportscenter.  It was a ton of fun and I learned a lot.  Here I am with Sportscenter host Neil Everett (who is and Oregon alumni and a huge duck fan, too!).

I’ve also been writing for the sports section of TSL.  I’m doing mostly player profiles for which I get to interview athletes and write articles about them.  Here are a few of the articles I’ve written this semester:

PP Pitcher

PP Basketball Player

PP Swimmer

All of that has made me so busy I’ve barely had time for myself (and other school work) this semester.  I love what I do, though, and I hope you all enjoy!