Welcome to the “Quarter-Life Crisis” Club!

I recently got off the phone with a dear friend of mine from UC San Diego. Ever since the day we met in middle school, I knew she was born to be a pediatrician. She is so talented at patching people up. Plus, the kids at her summer camp adore her to shreds to the point it makes their parents jealous!

Her path to becoming a doctor, however, quickly derailed under the enormous competition and pressure of the pre-med track and demands of the bio major. When she finally vented out her fears and frustration to me over the phone about her goals, grades, parents, responsibilities, and expectations, the first thing I said to her was, “Welcome to the club!”

Current members of the “Quarter-Life Crisis” include the characters of “Girls” on HBO.

Everyone at some point in her time at college will have a brief (or long term) membership in the “Quarter-Life Crisis” club. Those who aren’t members are in denial …. or just darn lucky (most likely, the former)! Unfortunately, there is no easy way out. It just takes some time, patience, and perspective. Add a little more drama along the way and you have a perfect screenplay in your hands!

What I do know for a fact about the “Quarter-Life Crisis” club is that there are so many people out there who empathize and want to help, like CP&R and your professors! Sometimes, however, all we need is someone there to just answer the phone and talk.

Past members include Tom Hansen (Joseph Gordon-Levitt).

So as a proud member over the past few years, I invite anyone who is experiencing self-doubt or has no idea what to do with her life to shoot me an email or meet up over some coffee at the Motley! I will not have all of the answers, but I will sure be there if you need me!

Hang in there and have a fabulous week!

Feel free to email me at: [email protected]