An Intersection of Interests

Looking back, it seems like things just fell into place.  It makes sense that I should work in entertainment or the arts but that wasn’t always that clear to me.  It was really a long path of discovery that started with my extracurricular interests.

I have always been a lover of the arts and since I was young I have participated in a variety of ways.  I have been in bands, plays, choirs, musicals, operas, and more.  I will always be grateful to my parents for being supportive and my community for supplying the opportunities.  Though I was primarily a performer, I also found that I could be a leader in these fields.  Through being on leadership in my arts clubs in high school, I found that I enjoy organizing, especially within the arts.  Being in leadership and doing administrative work kept me within the community and allowed me to apply another set of talents I had beyond preforming.  This was further cemented by my time on Scripps Associated Students when I organized large 5C events for the community.

It was by combining my interests in the creative fields and organizational management that I discovered a career path that made sense to me, working in entertainment to bring films and tv shows to life.

If you are struggling with what you might want to do, looking back on the things in your life you have enjoyed can be a great starting point.  Something fulfilling might come from one aspect of your life but it might also come from a combination of interests, finding a path that lies at an intersection of what brings you fulfillment.

Sci-Fi Animation GIF by General Electric - Find & Share on GIPHY