Housing Search, Final Semester Blog Post

I can’t believe that it has already reached the end of the semester!  As I finish up this wonderful semester abroad and complete my final essays, I’m looking forward to a wonderful summer working at both Activision/Blizzard Studios and Lionsgate Entertainment.  Moving on from the internship search process to the LA housing search presents its own challenges but they are welcome ones.

Search Engines:

Search sites like Easy Roommate, Craigslist, ext. can be really beneficial for finding people looking for renters in any given area.  I found my summer housing through one of these types of sites and it ended up working out very well.

Working Jim Carrey GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

Find a Roommate:

Its always a little less intimidating to try and find summer housing when looking with someone else.

Look near universities:

Colleges sometimes will rent out their dorm space over the summer to students doing internships.  If not, there are ususally apartment complexes around colleges that cater to students.  Many are often looking to find sub letters to take over their leases over the summer and these can be a great option.

Tell Everyone!

Tell people you know that you are looking for accommodation.  You never know what people have heard about and someone might know a relative that you could stay with in the area.

Yell Studio Ghibli GIF - Find & Share on GIPHY

It has been an absolute pleasure to Blog for CP&R again over this past semester and I hope that you all have a wonderful summer!  Will certainly miss the Class of 2018 but we can’t wait to see what they do in the future!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *