Hope for the Future: Scripps Professional Network

Scripps College is a very reputable women’s liberal arts college and the administration and students take a lot of pride in this fact. However, the one biggest issue/fear that I have as a student is what’s going to happen to me after graduation? How is a politics and legal studies major, who has a very limited professional network, going to find a job that can pay for my food and rent when I leave the comfort of Scripps?A lot of people out there do their best to reassure me, like Career Planning and Resources, but I was left very insecure for a really long time. That was until I found other students who saw the same gaps as I did.

Welcome to the Scripps Professional Network!

The Scripps Professional Network is an umbrella organization that consists of Innovate @ Scripps, Scripps Women in Technology, and Scripps Women in Finance and Consulting. This is a single place where students can help students achieve their career goals with support with their peers. Even if a student does not belong to one of the three organizations, they can still be a member and receive the benefits under the Scripps Professional Network.

I am so impressed at how much was accomplished over the past semester! The Scripps Professional Network is in its early stages and it is an incredible addition to the community! Keep a look out of various events hosted by these wonderful organizations on campus! Be an ally and who knows, maybe you can be a great resource to another student?

A Little Extra Food For Thought: NPR’s hour talk about success.

One thought on “Hope for the Future: Scripps Professional Network

1. Thanks for posting about us, Selene. We loved working with CP&R to put on the LinkedIn workshop (yay Valinda!) and are really excited to collaborate with them in future.